Classe Libre International Audition
The admissions for the 2018 international audition are now open till 8 January 2018! Audition now and try to win your place at Cours Florent
LocationParis, Brussels, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux
The Classe Libre was created in 1979. It selects 20 candidates whose personalities and aptitudes are rewarded with free access to the Cours Florent as well as privileged two-year training in Paris.
The contest, open to everyone from 17 to 35, is organised in three rounds:
- Monologue or soliloquy (theatre, poetry, novel…) (3 min max)
- Free choice alone (stage presentation such as a personal text, dancing, singing, mime, clowning, music etc) (2 min max)
- A scene or a monologue in their native language (2 min max)
- Scene chosen from the theatrical repertoire between the 16th and the 19th centuries (3 min max)
- Monologue from the 21st century (2 min max)
- A monologue or a scene in their native language (2 min max)
- Imposed monologue given to the applicant
- Scene chosen from the theatrical repertoire between 1564 (Shakespeare’s birth) till 1975 (Pasolini’s death) (4 min max.) Soliloquies and monologues shouldn't be chosen.
- A monologue or a scene in their native language. (2 min max)
This audition is extremely selective as only 20 candidates are selected from 1,500. This is the reason why we want to start our auditions, for the first round, outside of Paris to allow all candidates to apply easily.
Five cities will welcome the first round of the contest in 2018: Paris, Brussels, Montpellier, Bordeaux and Lyon. The selected candidates will then join Paris for the second and third rounds.
Jean-Pierre Garnier, third year teacher in the professional acting course, is currently Head of Pedagogy of the Classe Libre. Directed by Jean-Pierre Garnier himself and other invited artists classes, workshops, specific trainings are proposed to the 20 students of the first year and the 20 of the second year.
The students have access to all the various classes that are proposed in the professional training course as well. It is also to be mentioned that the students of the Classe Libre are directed into shows to which professionals (directors, casting directors, agents…) are invited.
Some famous Classe Libre students: Audrey Tautou, Dominique Blanc, Sylvie Testud, José Garcia, Eric Ruf, Stanley Weber, Pierre Niney...
Dates for the contest 2018
Registrations: open until 8 January 2018 (pass this deadline you can no longer apply until next year)
- 1st Round in Paris, Brussels, Montpellier, Bordeaux and Lyon: from 15 January to 26 February 2018
- 2nd Round (only in Paris): from 12 March to 27 April 2018
- 3rd Round (only in Paris): from 4 June to 8 June 2018
The international applicants can audition for the three rounds in French and in their native language.
Audition Calls and Results of the 1st Round: starting 5 March and for the 2nd Round results: starting 9 May
Practical information about the International Contest of the Classe Libre:
- Register on line in the french website
- Convocation : The day and hour of your convocation to the first round will be sent to you via e-mail, after confirmation of your request.