Isabelle Duperray, Headmistress of Acting in English Department
- As the headmistress of the Acting in English department, could you tell us about the three-year program and some of its highlights?
In the 3-year program, we try to establish fundamentals (1st year), to go into in-depth work (2nd year) and professionalism (3rd year) which is a combination of all the disciplines that they have learnt and are still learning in all the disciplines and the program we propose. Everything is linked, one exam leads to another, complements the previous one to reinforce the next to come.
- Can you tell us about your professional background before starting to teach at Cours Florent?
I’m an actress and a director in both languages French and English. I’ve studied in Classe Libre in Cours Florent, then at the Conservatoire National Supérieur d’Art Dramatique (CNSAD) in Paris and then London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts (LAMDA) in England. I performed in the United States, England and France as well as directing and I still am!
- What inspired you to teach at Cours Florent?
I received a phone call from Frédéric Montfort, our Principal, and François Florent, our former Principal, to ask me if I could take up a third year class and to set up a show in five weeks. At that time I was just back from London, working for TV and the hours fit perfectly, so I jumped in. I suspect them two to have followed my bilingual career and path [laughters] as they helped me so much during my student paths here and abroad. And now here I am working passionately with and for my team!
- What do you in particular expect your students to learn during their training at Cours Florent?
Less is more.
Elegance and gratitude.
Respect and humility.
And the most important LOVE. In everything they do.
- What would be your advice for a future student at Cours Florent?
See above [laughters]
You want to read this interview in French ?